Friday, October 2, 2009

The A & Ω of speach

God spoke first. Amen.
God spoke last. Amen.
God knows who first said whatever quote has been said, so there is no need to worry about claiming that you said it. This is especially true since no one will care on Judgment Day. In fact, on that day, many people will wish someone else had said the wrong thing before they said, and that way they are not credited with having been the physical origin of a particular bad word, phrase, or statement.
Thus, in light of the fact that God knows who said what (and that being so, He also knows who said "why"), there is no need for me to claim to be the physical source of any particular profound statement. Nevertheless, someone must still say what needs to be said for the benefit of humanity (though the few that do are often the most persecuted). I am not the absolute origin of the idea behind any statement, lest the statement be of my cramming together opposing ideas in a futile attempt to reconcile good and evil ideas such that they are understandable to the melancholy aspect of my logic and occasionally pleasing to convey with my tongue. In which case, my audience is deprived of some blessed wisdom God might have conveyed through me. I should refrain from saying "oh well". Something must be done. Speaking more may not help.

On the other hand, what I say may be good and pure and of benefit to others. Nevertheless, I should not be given credit for whatever blessing someone else obtains through what I have said. I have merely spoken words that came from ideas placed in my head and said them με δικά μου λόγια, in my own words.

No comments:

Post a Comment