Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Song of Losoam

(written Aug 28, 2010)
==================

I peeked into a universe
where creatures don't understand
their universe like gelatin
their memory like sand.

I became thankful
that I know my God above
who comforts and teaches
by His everlasting love.

They needed a God so loving
so caring and so kind
but none could be found for them
in whose love they could reside.

The greatest mystery for me
was why they did exist.
They had no memory to tell of
by what cause they came to be.

To their world I gave a name
the mournful land of Losoam
and gave to them the title
of the creatures of Losoam.

I find no words to express
their pitiful estate
save to express in every sense
how no silence they could break.

They had no mouth to speak
no ears to hear a sound
no hands to clap or signal
to eyes they did not have.

But of all the things to notice
this one was important
that they had no understanding
but possessed a consciouness.

Their fate was forboding;
no future did they have.
The past was all forgotten,
the present now at hand.

Without a fear or worry
should be their lot in life;
yet they feared so immensely
their lack of purpose or plan.

Within them an emptiness,
a black pit of dispair:
no hope, no dreams, no pleasures
no reason for them to care.

How they longed for something,
I cannot even describe.
Their thoughts like ours vaguely;
they actually had minds.

One of them spoke out
to me who could hear.
With newly-granted voice he spoke;
this purpose was it for:

He sang to me a song:
the Song of Sad Losoam;
about their ever-forsaking god
who left them all alone:


Weep, weep
gone HE is
our one and only.

No one to care
no one to share
no love to all of us.

Fear, doubt, loneliness;
we fear the loneliness.
Emptiness without HIM;
no HIM to make us whole.

Dependent we are upon HIM.
HE made this vast expanse.
HE placed us in this space;
HE put us in emptiness.

Oh our hearts, our empty hearts;
nothing will us fill.
Lack we understanding;
freedom we do not know.


Then turn to me it did,
a creature of fear and woe.
To me he gave this command
that I must always obey:

Give thanks to your God
who reigns in heaven above
and bestowed on you the blessings
that come from faithful love.

I reflect upon this journey
into the Losoam land
and gratefulness fills my heart
to God for all He's planned.

No ignorance have I
in matters I should know:
not a type of omniscience
but enough to seek Him so.

No separation from God,
lest it be by my choice;
but not now that I know God,
who gave me this voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment